Our founders had big dreams for our school. We have realized many of those dreams with growing enrollment, passionate faculty, formative and dynamic curricula, a promise to meeting the needs of the whole child, and a commitment to provide diverse access to our school by the Napa community.
Today, we embark on a new chapter – creating the Blue Oak School for tomorrow’s world. Our ambitious comprehensive capital campaign is called Building Dreams. We propose three bold initiatives:
- First, we will build new facilities that will provide the optimal learning and teaching environment long into the future.
- Second, we will strengthen our commitment to a diverse Blue Oak community through Nuestro Futuro.
- Finally, we will grow our endowment to secure our future. To make our plans a reality, we have launched Building Dreams—an ambitious effort to raise $18 million.
A NEW, INNOVATIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL
A new middle school will be built across the street from our current lower school, creating a unified campus. Building from the ground up gives us an opportunity to create spaces purposefully designed to support and enhance our progressive approach to education.
To explore Naming Opportunities visit HERE
NUESTRO FUTURO + OUR FUTURE
The vision of the Nuestro Futuro program is to provide an extraordinary resource to Napa County’s Latino Community that makes progressive independent education accessible to all regardless of family background or income.
- Supports full tuition for each eligible Latino student
- Includes a Nuestro Futuro program manager, available for translation and support services
- Provides ancillary services including tutoring, after-school care and classes
- Covers related costs such as nutritious lunch, school supplies, and extra-curricular school activities
- Engages parents as partners in their child’s education
- Empowers families to become key advocates for their child’s education
- Coordinates with local nonprofits for extension of services such as immigration assistance, ESL, health and welfare, housing and mental health
When fully established, the Nuestro Futuro Scholarship Program will fully fund 24 Latino students in grades K–8 who will grow and flourish and whose talents, experiences and voices will enrich the educational experiences of their fellow students.
BLUE OAK SCHOOL ENDOWMENT
To meet the current and future needs of the students and Blue Oak Community, we must grow our endowment. Independent schools like Blue Oak rely on three primary sources of revenue: tuition, annual fund and endowment.
An endowment is a permanent fund that is invested and generates interest or dividend income annually. Gifts to the general endowment provide the school with the greatest flexibility. Blue Oak is able to spend the income from the endowment to meet the greatest needs of the school.
- A portion of the income may be spent each year with the remainder being reinvested in order to achieve growth of the principal.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here to read important FAQs about Building Dreams. Click Here
Our most important mission is bringing the joy of learning to a child’s eyes and the passion of caring to their hearts. What does it take to build dreams? YOU. Together, we can dream more for our students and take action to make these dreams a reality!
Thank you to our Building Dreams Campaign Leadership
- Chris Wendel, Co-Chair
- Mark Strode, Co-Chair
- Dan Schwartz, Head of School
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on any of these initiatives, please contact:
Head of School
Directory of Finance & Advancement