The Breakaway Committee is looking forward to year 17 of the Blue Oak Breakaway – now scheduled for April 10th – 12th 2019. The committee is working hard on the list of course selections and as always, not all courses will be offered to all grades.
To ensure a diverse experience, students may not repeat courses they have already participated in.
It is highly unlikely that everyone will receive their first choice, so three choices must be selected. Those who did not receive a first choice last year will be more likely to receive their first choice this year.
Once the committee posts the courses, please help your child pick some that are of the most interest to him or her – and not choose courses that their friends are doing. Breakaway is an integral part of the Blue Oak School program and full participation is expected.
Here are examples of what we offered in the past:
- Build a Town – For: Grades K – 2
- For the Love of Pets – For: Grades K – 3
- From Here to There – For: Grades K – 3
- Creative Adventures – For: Grades K – 4
- It’s Electric – For: Grades 2 – 5
- Oodles of Noodles – For: Grades 3 – 8
- Active Adventures – For: Grades 4 – 8
- Physical Comedy – For: Grades 4 – 8
- Super Cyclists Unite! – For: Grades 4 – 8
- Amazing Race – For: Grades 5 – 8
- Creative Wanderings – For: Grades 5 – 8
- Math is Everywhere – For: Grades 6 – 8
Look for the final course selections announcement soon.