MAJOR GIFTS AND CAMPAIGN MANAGER
Works closely with the Head of School, Director of Finance and Advancement, Board of Trustees, and Campaign Committee to help ensure the success of the Building Dreams Campaign. Manages day-to-day operations of the campaign, including staffing members of the Campaign Committee. Personally and within the team cultivates, solicits and stewards major gifts. Manages corporate and foundation relations and planned giving.
REPORTS TO: Head of School and Director of Finance and Advancement
- In collaboration with Head of School, Director of Finance and Advancement and campaign counsel, translates campaign plans into actions so that the campaign proceeds on schedule and successfully.
- Updates Head of School, Director of Finance and Advancement and the Campaign Committee regularly on the status of the campaign.
- Staffs the Campaign Committee:
- Manages the assignment of prospects to staff and volunteers, including providing staff support to their efforts in fulfilling their cultivation, solicitation and stewardship responsibilities.
- Plans agendas for committee meetings
- Provides support materials
- Ensures that meeting actions are recorded and distributed
- Manages the Prospect Management and Tracking System for the Capital Campaign and Major Gifts.
- Debriefs staff and volunteers on contacts with prospects and documents.
- Provides analysis of fundraising results.
- Prepares customized proposals, including gathering information to personalize.
- Edits/writes grant proposals to foundations and corporations, including personally contacting program officers for guidance and arranging site visits as appropriate.
- Oversees prospect research on all constituencies.
- Builds long term relationships with constituents and cultivates and solicits major gift prospects personally and with administrators, Campaign Committee members and others.
- Implements campaign communications and marketing strategies to educate the internal and external community about the featured objectives of the campaign and impact on the school’s students
- Writes campaign materials as needed, including campaign newsletters and updates.
- Plans and implements events structured to support the campaign, including cultivation events, ground breaking, hardhat parties and building dedication.
- Schedules presentations on the campaign with appropriate community organizations and scripts staff and others on their roles in the presentation.
- Works with donors, their attorneys and financial advisors to create blended gift options to achieve donor’s goals.
- Oversees campaign gift processing and information systems, ensuring that internal systems and state-of-the-art technology are in place to support campaign efforts.
- Manages pledge documentation, reminders, and follow up
- Manages stewardship of donors to the campaign, including acknowledgement and recognition.
- Tracks on reservations of naming opportunities.
- Ensures that the campaign website is updated in a timely manner.
- Leadership that inspires and motivates others
- Impressive track record in fundraising, including closing major gifts.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement a cohesive strategy for major gift fundraising
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers and boards, delegating effectively, while motivating and empowering others.
- Ability to work with senior administrators, faculty and staff on a collegial basis.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of the School’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and similar donor databases.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Working knowledge of planned giving.
- Seven or more years of progressively more responsible experience in the field of advancement.
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, confidentiality, reliability, and accountability
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Positive problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work professionally and respectfully with a broad range of constituents
- A self-starter with the ability to successfully manage various projects simultaneously, and the capacity to work under pressure of deadlines with grace and humor
How to apply: Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to jobs at blueoakschool.org
Blue Oak School offers a progressive, challenging and stimulating education to children of diverse backgrounds and interests. Through the culture and community of the School, teachers foster confidence, creativity, flexibility and curiosity in each child. Located in downtown Napa, the school sits amid one of California’s most beautiful regions.
Blue Oak School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual or gender identity in its hiring processes and actively promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout the school community. We offer competitive compensation and a progressive community dedicated to learning and engaged citizenship.